Wednesday, November 17, 2010

WARNING TO WRITERS

Writers work hard to put together articles, stories, and, or anything else we write. There are however, some magazines who don't pay us for our work. Writing is the only industry where you sell your work and then have to wait until it is published before you can receive payment. From the time you complete a piece until you are paid for it can take up to a year, sometimes longer. Then after all that, you wait for your check to arrive and when it doesn't, you write to the editor and get no response.

There is one writer I know of that goes to bat for other writers when they aren't paid. Angela Hoy of WRITERS WEEKLY. If you don't get paid, write her a letter and she will contact the publication. If they don't answer her letter, she puts the name of the publication in her newsletter to let other writers know that they are deadbeats.

Check it out for yourself and you'll see, I've been getting her newsletter for several years. Writers Weekly has a section called, "Whispers and Warnings" you will find the name of the publications there. Stop by and see it for yourself at http://www.writersweekly.com .

Also at this site, you will find, great articles, market listings, forums, self publishing resources, and so much more. While you may find these things on other sites for writers, you won't find anyone else that helps writers to get paid. I have found some of the best articles there and resources that have lead to sales. Find out for yourself, I know you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

SAMPLE ARTICLE

Followers

About Me

I enjoy my family, I have 3 sons, 10 grandchildren, and 1 great-grandson. I am a published freelance writer, with articles and short stories on the internet, the local newspaper, Christian Ministry books, and many well known magazines, and I was the editor of a Christian Newspaper for over 5 years. Now I am working on a book. I am a Christian and I enjoy meeting new people in person and on the internet. I am putting together a list for freelance writer's markets and info for writers. I hope to help other writers get their work published. It takes a lot of time to find markets for your work. While I am looking for myself anyway, I make a list to share with other writer. Blessings to all!